The Assistant Manager is a customer service specialist who is primarily responsible for collecting and posting rent, initiating follow-up actions on all delinquent residents through final disposition, processing purchase orders and invoices, and other duties as assigned by the Community Manager. These tasks could include leasing, marketing, accounting functions, maintenance oversight, resident relations, and management reporting, but under the direction of the Community Manager. The Assistant Manager should be fully capable of conducting the business operations of the Community in the absence of the Community Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:A. Rent Collection
1. Accept and accurately post rent and other payments in Yardi.
2. Address late rent payments by closely following company policy, including, but not limited to, distributing late notices and making personal calls and visits to delinquent residents to collect the rent or to determine the date payment will be received.
3. Make bank deposits daily.
4. Post and follow-up on NSF checks.
5. Handle evictions and dispossessory warrants in compliance with local statutes and company policy.
6. Turn over bad debts for collection and monitor to ensure maximum collections.
7. Prepare month-end accounting reports as per Owner’s requirements and Company procedures.
B. Fiduciary Responsibilities
1. Ensure purchase order policy and procedure is utilized and followed at all times.
2. Process invoices for payment after approval, and as directed, by the Community Manager.
3. Process SODA's (Statement of Deposit Account) within three days of move-out. Ensure that refund checks are distributed within the time prescribed by state law.
C. General Duties
1. Operate within the functionality of the property management software (Yardi) to post rent, and to produce accurate and timely AME reporting.
2. Answer telephone.
3. Aide in leasing activities and resident relations.
4. Assist in the implementation of the monthly Renewal/Resident Retention Program.
5. Follow-up on all notices to vacate, as assigned by the Community Manager, in an attempt to reverse the notices.
6. Maintain courteous and helpful attitude to residents and prospective residents.
7. Assist in the planning of social activities as directed by the Community Manager.
8. Comply with Company policies and procedures.
9. Inspect vacant apartments following move-out with the resident.
10. Checks move-outs and schedule apartments for turnkey service.
11. Assist the Community Manager and/or the Leasing Manager by monitoring the leasing team to ensure the leasing activity reports are being accurately completed in a timely manner.
12. Complete the Utility Log and monitor usage.
13. Enter service requests in Yardi as received
14. Other duties that may be assigned by the Community Manager.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Able to work with and understand persons of all ethnic and educational backgrounds.
· Able to communicate clearly and effectively (by telephone and written correspondence).
· Must have a professional demeanor and image and be pleasant to work with.
· Previous leasing/customer service/collection experience helpful.
This position is bonus and commission eligible. Integral offers a competitive wage, paid vacation, paid sick and paid personal time off, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision, Company paid Long Term Disability and Company Paid Basic Life Insurance.
Integral Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer